Thursday, July 2, 2009

GUERILLA MARKETING:

Whenever I got to Barnes and Nobles bookstore, I feel the air of excitement in the place. I always discover something new to learn in that magical place. I get a coffee colatta and there I go, browsing through the books. On the design section of it, I found a book on Ambient marketing a fancy way to describe a marketing method, to perform a set on the street or a publicity stunt in order to create a buzz or awareness for a certain product. Oh boy I found samples of it, and I loved it. A company called 3m, you know the creators of duct tape, sponges and other utensils used in daily life. Place a case in a bus stop filled with 100 dollars bill, it said that there was a 100,000 dollars on this case and also they were challenging anyone to break it, with something other than a gun. They also placed cameras around it to tape the activity around the crystal clear billboard. You guessed, people after dark started kicking, punching, slamming their bodies against it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVLJzTciLDQ.
A new way to reach customers make them think and participate.

GO AHEAD MAKE MISTAKES, WE ARE NOT PERFECT

No comments: